HILLCREST A fire broke out in an eye-wear store on Main Street in Hillcrest Saturday morning, a Fire Department spokesman said, leaving three firefighters hospitalized and causing smoke and water damage in two neighboring restaurants.
The rescue workers sustained minor back and neck injuries, the spokesman said. A witness said the store where the fire began at 72-73 Main St. was heavily damaged, while as many as four neighboring businesses sustained residual smoke and water damage from the rescue efforts.
Ladder 125 and Engine 315 were the first responders to the blaze, which required the efforts of 12 units and 60 firefighters.
The fire was under control within 45 minutes, a Fire Department spokesman said. No civilians were injured.
©2004 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.