Sections

Let There Be Lights

Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook
Subscribe

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like TimesLedger on Facebook.

Residents of an apartment building in College Point have been virtually homeless since July. The three−story Victorian home on 123rd Street looks nice enough, but the city found the electrical system posed a hazard and ordered the residents to leave their apartments.

The city Department of Buildings and the Environmental Control Board say they have 17 violations against the building dating back to 1997. The building’s tenants are caught in the middle.

It’s time to tell the owners to fish or cut bait. The city has given them much more time than they deserve. If they can’t or won’t make the necessary repairs to the electrical and heating systems, the city should to make the emergency repairs and send the owners a bill. For the families involved, this is a miserable situation that cannot be allowed to go on for one more month.

Today’s news:
Share on TwitterTweet
Share on Facebook
Subscribe

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like TimesLedger on Facebook.

Reader Feedback

Enter your comment below

By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:

You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.

CNG: Community Newspaper Group