WHITESTONE — Firefighters responded to a fire in a house on 13th Avenue in Whitestone near 147th Street Saturday afternoon.
There were no injuries in the blaze, which was reported at 12:15 p.m. and under control by 12:39 p.m., according to a spokesman for the FDNY.
A workman, who declined to be named, said he had been soldering in the upstairs bathroom shower when he noticed several sparks and the home’s insulation catch fire.
©2012 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.