Young man killed in Flushing motorcyle accident

Police investigate the fatal crash on Northern Boulevard.

MURRAY HILL — A 20-year-old was killed while riding his motorcycle on Northern Boulevard Wednesday afternoon, police said.

Kiyanoush Asif, of 169th Street, was riding his 2005 Kawasaki bike westbound when a 2011 Honda Accord tried to make a turn onto Murray Street at about 5:30 p.m., police said.

The car signaled and began to make the turn, but Asif accelerated his bike and struck the rear passenger door of the vehicle, according to the NYPD.

Asif was later pronounced dead at Flushing Hospital, police said.

The driver of the Honda stayed at the scene and the investigation was ongoing.

B from Queens ny says:
Rest easy Kiyanoush. You will be missed brother.
June 13, 2013, 10:48 pm
HM from Queens says:
You were a great friend. You will be missed but not forgotten.
June 14, 2013, 3:28 am
E from Queens says:
Rest in Peace K , you were a great kid and will be missed but never forgotten
June 14, 2013, 1:02 pm
adeee says:
i love you and i will miss you so much
June 14, 2013, 1:12 pm
A. from flushing says:
i love you and i will miss you forever.. i cant believe u gone forver....u were laying down next to me exacly a week ago now u not going to be here next to me ;/
June 14, 2013, 1:22 pm
lex from flushing says:
ill never forget you buddy the whole crew will never forget you rest easy CB
June 14, 2013, 6:14 pm
Em from 154th st says:
passed by KFC that day, saw police cleaning up the scene had me all worried, if someone was killed with such collision.
may you rest in peace, my prayers to you and your family
June 15, 2013, 2:36 am
D from queens says:
Rest in peace my dude.
June 16, 2013, 11:45 am
BG from Queens NY says:
Excerpt from NYS DMV Internet Office - New Driver Study Guide Chapter 5:
For any left turn, the law requires you to yield to any approaching traffic close enough to be a hazard. Deciding when traffic is too close takes experience and judgment. If you have any doubt, wait for traffic to pass before turning left.

The Honda driver should be prosecuted.

Kiyanoush had the right of way. The diver of the Honda was suppose to wait until the traffic was clear before making a left turn. I cannot believe the NYPD would believe the Honda driver. Kiyanoush is dead he cannot tell his side of the story.
June 19, 2013, 9:18 pm
purp from QUeens says:
The few times that we chat, you were laid back and cool, too bad you're gone now, you'll be missed much. It would have been awesome if the days would have been longer to chill more. you left a good example of who you are there were no and ifs or buts and you give everybody a lesson to enjoy life each and every day because tomorrow is never guaranteed and this is exactly what you showed me . thank you and my best regards goes out to your love ones stay strong!
June 20, 2013, 4:55 pm
mgs from flushing says:
I love bikes, I rode for a long time, I'm 38 and stopped riding at 36 after MY son was born. It gave me a different STATE of mind. So many times I can remember some —— in a car/truck come in front of me. Alot of close encounters.... I'm a great rider... but no motorcyclist is safe because you have bad drivers. In this case and so many others nationwide it's a tragedy.. MY prayers go out to this young man's family...I don't know him...I honestly just wish he had the luck that I had on the streets.. RIP buddy..
MGS.