CORONA — The Long Island teenager who rushed the field during last week’s All-Star game at Citi Field could end up warming the bench in prison, authorities said.
Dylan McCue-Masone, 18, faces up to a year behind bars and $5,000 in fines after Twitter users goaded him into leaping onto the diamond and running all the way to second base July 16 in the middle of the Major League Baseball event, District Attorney Richard Brown said a day after the incident.
McCue-Masone, whose case has been sealed, tweeted he would interrupt the nationally televised event if he received at least 1,000 responses to his cyber-dare, the DA said.
Brown admitted the teen may have been just an overzealous fan, but noted a 1993 incident where a rabid spectator rushed onto a German court and stabbed tennis pro Monica Seles in the back.
“There is no such thing as being too careful,” Brown said.
©2013 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.