Martin Luther School evacuated its Maspeth campus Monday morning due to the smell of gasoline, the FDNY said.
The Fire Department said it was called to Martin Luther School, at 60-02 Maspeth Ave., at 9:09 a.m. and had students and staff leave the building.
Nobody was hurt and the FDNY said it closed out the case by about 10:30 a.m.
Kelli Westal, director of communications for the school, said the FDNY told Martin Luther School it believed the smell was coming from outside the school’s property.
Westal said students were dismissed at 10 a.m. Monday as a precaution, but classes were to expected to be back in session Tuesday.
Reach reporter Sarina Trangle at 718-260-4546 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2014 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.