Woman on motorcycle dies in Queens Village crash: Police

Hundreds of candles are placed at the corner of Springfield Boulevard and Jamaica Avenue at a makeshift memorial for the motorcyclist. Photo by Christina Santucci

QUEENS VILLAGE - A 31-year-old motorcyclist was killed Sunday night when her bike was struck by a Nissan Maxima at the intersection between Jamaica Avenue and Springfield Gardens in Queens Village, police said.

The accident occurred at 10:22 p.m. when the victim was traveling on her 2002 Suzuki GSXR bike and was hit by the 22-year-old driver of the Maxima, who remained at the scene of the accident, authorities said.

The woman sustained severe trauma to the head and was taken to Long Island Jewish Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The victim was a member of the Square Biz motorcycle club. She had been riding a bike for seven years.

Hundreds of candles were placed at the site of accident at a makeshift memorial for her.

A man who identified himself as Robenson said that the victim was trapped underneath the car. Several men at the scene helped to pull the car off her.

The police were investigating the fatal accident.

Jandell from Brooklyn, NY says:
Sleep In Peace Tiahna
July 2, 5:39 pm
kathy from very good friend says:
You will be miss
July 3, 1:49 am
Lotto from South Jamaica says:
Peace & Blessings sister... This is unbelievably shocking!!!
July 3, 4:57 am
sutphin buck from square biz affiliated says:
Ride in peace tee tee.........da love iz there & da family iz strong!
July 3, 9:31 pm
Jamal smith from Fedex ground family says:
Your a great friend TT. And my feeling for you will never change . It was a weeks ago you got to feet my truck and watch that movie with me love you Tt . R.I.P
July 4, 8:58 am
GABBY from Queens says:
Sleep in peace T
July 5, 5:39 pm
Debbie from Queens N.Y says:
R.i.p my daughter we all going to miss u, peace/love T.T love Debbie,kelton,julia,family.
July 8, 9 pm
Jay from Jamaica says:
Did'nt know you but i drove pass the makeshift tonight and it did'nt feel cool. May God bless your love ones.
July 12, 1:53 am
O L H from Jamaica NYC says:
Why don't people look out for us more just do an double look please I witness an accident June same place few blocks from this Benz guy maid illegal u-turn an an guy on bike went over the hood. R.i.p tt
July 16, 10:29 pm
Theresa from queens says:
I'm miss you TT!!!
lady Tea!!!
July 18, 10:52 pm
Darin Saunders from Farmerz Blvd 142nd Avenue says:
R.I.P God watch over your family while you on the other until yall reunite.I felt very sad cause for my homegirl your family Terry from Far Rock
July 26, 6:57 pm
jae hicks from Ferndale and sutphin says:
Still in shock. You will forever be missed .
Aug. 28, 9:43 am
carla foust from far rockaway says:
My Tiahna , All I can say is I love you & I miss you ohso dearly . �� We miss You Babyyyy #Yfb #TeamHumble
Sept. 20, 4:26 pm
E says:
To wake up and believe and see your gone hurts I'm struggling daily knowing you're not here and we're not laughing or going to get u a Shirley temple or just a sprite no ice but yet it's in a bottle.
I would give anything to see you walk thru the door screaming Lady where's my lady or bugging me babe what you made but in the morning can I get a egg white sandwich with ketchup no edges on my bread please. ... ������������������������ #iloveyoutee #imissYou
Sept. 22, 9:28 pm