Whether youre planning your own Thanksgiving get-together, or youve been invited somewhere special and youre wondering what to bring, this apple crumb tart, filled with juicy apples and covered with a strudel crumb topping, is the answer. Its the perfect ending to your holiday meal. Heres the recipe from greatfood.com:
Apple Crumb Tart
2/3 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
3 pounds of granny smith apples (about 7 large), peeled, cored, and cut into
one 9 1/2 unbaked, deep dish pie crust
8 oz. vanilla yogurt
In a medium bowl, stir together 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon. With pastry blender, cut in 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add apples. Toss until well combined.
3. Add yogurt to apple mixture and toss well to coat evenly. Spoon apple mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle top of apples evenly with crumb mixture.
4. Place pie on non-stick or foil-lined cookie sheet to catch any overflow during baking. Bake the pie for 1 hour. Turn oven control to 350 degrees F and bake 35 to 45 minutes longer, until filling bubbles in center. If necessary, cover pie loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.
5. Cool pie slightly on wire rack to serve warm, or cool completely to serve later. Makes 10 servings.
©2001 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.