The District Council 16 Cement and Concrete Workers Training and Education Fund will conduct a recruitment from Jan. 3 to 17 for 15 skilled construction craft laborer apprentices.
Applications can be obtained at the District Council 16 Training Center, at 29-18 35th Ave. in Long Island City, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday, excluding Jan. 16, during the recruitment period.
This is a limited application recruitment. Applications will be accepted during the recruitment period or until 600 applications have been issued, whichever comes first.
The committee requires that applicants must:
• be at least 18 years old and submit required proof at time of indenture
• have a 10th-grade education and submit required proof at time of indenture
• be physically able to perform the work required as determined by a physical agility test
• submit to and pass a drug test to be paid for by the sponsor after selection and prior to starting employment
• submit a copy of their DD-214 at the time of selection if claiming veteran status
For more information, contact the nearest state Department of Labor office or District Council 16 at 718-392-6970.
©2012 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not TimesLedger.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to TimesLedger.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.