Gratitude to our mail carriers

Don’t miss our updates:

I would like, at this time, to praise our men and women in the U.S.Postal Service whose tireless efforts bring us our mail everyday.

In Glen Oaks Village, we have a letter carrier named Diane who delivers our mail. To the many that she meets on her route, she delivers with a smile and a kind word.

Then there is my best friend, David Duffy, who delivered mail in Queens for over 40 years and is now semi-retired. He has good stories to tell about his route, and believed he did his best for those who depended on their mail.

In Mineola, where I work at Northeast Plumbing, we have a mail carrier named Jimmy who gives us our mail and picks up outgoing mail that is important for our business. He does this with a smile and a kind word. In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Jimmy would ask how we were doing and showed genuine concern and sympathy for what many of us were going through.

These are just a few examples of these fine mail carriers.

Our prayers go out to these men and women who serve the public with dedication and hard work. They deserve to be honored for all that they do. Remember this saying about our these noble workers: “Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.” That is so true.

So, I say God bless the men and women who have served us so well over the years. They deserve recognition for a job well done.

Frederick R. Bedell Jr.

Glen Oaks Village

Updated 12:32 am, July 10, 2018

Don’t miss our updates:

Reader feedback

Jason from Glen Oaks says:
Hola neighbor Fredereick, my water is leaking. Can you come over and fix it.
May 2, 2017, 2:08 pm
Greg from Bellerose says:
Frederick used to be homeless and now he is serial groper with Boy's Scouts. Never had a normal life cause he is on pills. Poor Freddie.
May 3, 2017, 8:39 am
Paulette from Astoria says:
Thank U Frederick R. Bedell, Jr, I worked 25 yrs for the U.S.P.S. I'm now retired. I worked on Wall Street, was their when the Twin Towers went down, a day I will never forget as long as I live, so Thank You so much for your kind words. I still miss many of my customers I delivered mail too. God Bless.
May 3, 2017, 1:33 pm
Anon from Flushing says:
Yes if they could all read English and bring the mail to the right address!! The days of knowing your carrier are long gone,some days the mail arrives at 6:30 pm,
May 3, 2017, 2:35 pm
Helton from Flushing says:
Good letter Fred!
May 3, 2017, 3:23 pm
Tony from Glen Oaks says:
Fred is so lonely. Fred is so so so lame. Fred plays with himself all day.
May 3, 2017, 4:16 pm

Classifieds

Do you know an immigrant in Queens who has made an impact on the community? Nominate a person who has made a difference for the 2018 Queens Ambassador Awards.
Community News Group

Don’t miss out!

Stay in touch with the stories people are talking about in your neighborhood:

Optional: Help us tailor our newsletters to you!