Jamaica man hit with weapons, drugs charges after raid: NYPD

Don’t miss our updates:

The NYPD discovered a cache of weapons as they executed a search warrant in Jamaica early Wednesday morning.

Vladimir Ulysse, 39, was arrested and arraigned Thursday morning on multiple drug possession and weapons charges after officers from the NYPD’s Queens South Narcotics and Police Service Area 9 raided his home at 179-26 143rd Road near Farmers Boulevard and the Belt Parkway around 5:30 a.m., police said.

Investigators hauled away 14 pounds of marijuana valued at $30,000, 11 grams of crack cocaine, 33 grams of Ecstasy and more than $6,000 in cash, and a scale.

Police also recovered an arsenal that included a .357-caliber revolver and seven semi-automatic pistols, according to the NYPD. Two of the weapons had serial numbers scratched off, according to the Queens DA’s office.

Ulysse is being held on $100,000 cash or bond and his next court date is Jan. 30.

Reach reporter Bill Parry by e-mail at bparry@cnglocal.com or by phone at (718) 260–4538.

Updated 12:32 am, July 10, 2018

Don’t miss our updates:

Reader feedback

THINK from Queens says:
More crap from the ghetto Jamaica area.
Jan. 11, 5:40 pm
Jimmy from Queens Village says:
It is ghetto Jamaica, I mean what were you expecting, a good positive story. The whole area has been crap for decades and it is still going strong as ghetto crap that attract hood rats like this.
Jan. 11, 5:55 pm
Bob from Glen Oaks says:
Jamaica has always been a ghetto. Piled with welfare and freeloaders living off hard working people's tax money.
Jan. 12, 12:01 am
LEROY COMRIE from St. ALBANS says:
I am obese Senator Leroy Comrie and I approve this message:

JAMAICA IS A GHETTO and I HELP MAKE IT THAT WAY along with the my elected colleagues and all the ghetto hood rats and scum in the area.
Jan. 12, 9:01 am
Rev Floyd Flake from AME Church says:
AND I approve this message even though my brain has become mush from dementia and will soon die, but at least I made all my money by fooling the black people and screwing my community over.
Jan. 12, 9:03 am
black guy from queens says:
heyyyy thats not leroy comrie..thats joe moretti
Jan. 13, 11:41 pm
Other black guy from queens says:
I think that Leroy Comrie person is actually the "black guy from Queens". That Moretti guy has been long gone from Jamaica and SE Queens for several months. Even his Jamaica Cleanup site has ended. Better look for another Comrie enemy.
Jan. 14, 1:12 pm
James Haughton from South Jamaica says:
To Black guy from Queens:

Instead of making comments on other comments, what are you doing to make your community better, unless you are just adding to the misery of the Jamaica community.
Jan. 15, 8:10 am
Hey Hey Hey from Queens says:
heyyy thats not "black guy from queens" ..thats a Jamaica Queens hood rat.
Jan. 16, 5:47 pm

Comments closed.

MetroPlus NY Cancer and Blood Specialists NYU Winthrop VillageCareMax

Classifieds

Keep it local!

Stay in touch with your community. Subscribe to our free newsletter:

Optional: