Whitestone civic offers discount biz cards

The Welcome to Whitestone Commercial and Residential Civic Association partnered with a host of businesses around northeast Queens to offer a discount card to its members.

Card-carrying civic members can then get deals when they patronize the mom-and-pop shops that populate the area.

According to the civic’s founder, Devon O’Connor, it is a way for local businesses to give back to the community.

But to obtain a card, one must be a member of the civic association.

Carmine from Whitestone says:
Love how you have to be a member. Why not distribute it to the residents of Whitestone? If you really are a community based civic you would make them available to the community and not just those that join.
Jan. 24, 2012, 9:48 am
Alfredo from Malba Gardens says:
I think it is remarkable what Devon has acheieved within this past year. He has proven to be a successful community based civic leader.

Through these hard economic times, this Whitestone discount card will greatly benefit our community.

Carmine, educate yourself! All civic groups that have membership, charge yearly dues.
Jan. 24, 2012, 5:03 pm
Alfredo C from Malba Gardens says:
The above commentator is not Alfredo C from Malba Gardens Civic. Yes all groups charge a membership due in order to provide services for the community.
Jan. 25, 2012, 11:15 am
Carmine from Whitestone says:
If he really cared about the community he would offer it to everyone who wanted one. Just like GWTCA offers the youth of the community as well as the elderly many benefits at no cost.

"Hi that is great, if you need help contact www.allaboutme.com I would love to raise money for your cause with my little tip cup."

Come on, get real, you are not kidding anyone "Alfredo".
Jan. 25, 2012, 11:24 am
Alfredo from Malba Gardens says:
My dear sir, I do not believe you have exclusivity on the name Alfredo in this area, maybe you should consider using a different name next time you post a comment.

Furthermore, I am not familiar with this Malba Gardens Civic and I have lived in the Malba Gardens section of Whitestone all my life. Does this group provide services for the community?
Jan. 25, 2012, 12:10 pm
Alfredo C from Malba Gardens says:
for further information email us at

Malbagardenscivic@hotmail.com
Jan. 25, 2012, 2:10 pm
Carmine from Whitestone says:
No one said he did, seems like he was clarifying it was not his statement. A little passive aggressive "my good boy"?
Jan. 25, 2012, 7:38 pm
Cindy from Whitestone says:
The above story was not about Alfredo's Malba Gardens but unfortunately he injects his own agenda by multi-character seizing of every blog format available were Whitestone, Queens is the subject. Truly, very sad.
Jan. 27, 2012, 10:16 am
Carmine from Whitestone says:
Cindy,

Hoe, by clarifying and agreeing that all groups charge fees?
Jan. 27, 2012, 10:22 pm
Cindy from Whitestone says:
Come on, get real, you are not kidding anyone "Alfredo".
Jan. 28, 2012, 4:53 am
Martino says:
Ha ha you people are funny
Jan. 28, 2012, 12:11 pm
Cindy from Whitestone says:
Alfredo, you are truly a very sad man and there is nothing funny about that.
Jan. 29, 2012, 1:29 pm
Carmine from Whitestone says:
There you go again, attacking this guy Alfredo. He is a private citizen and at no point has he attacked you or anyone else.

Who did you say was "sad" ?

Shame on you!
Jan. 30, 2012, 3:13 pm
Michael Coolidge says:
What exactly is a private citizen?
Jan. 30, 2012, 3:41 pm
Angelo says:
Carmine, the obvious affection and protection of your partner is charming however you must admit that you started this discussion. The only confusion here is a previous commentor seems to believe you 2 are one in the same.
Jan. 30, 2012, 5:18 pm
Carmine says:
Angelo you are right I started the comments and never mentioned Alfredo. He posted a comment clarifying that Alfredo from Malba gardens was not him and that the other "alfredo" was right. Next thing you know the bashing begins.

As for your partner comment there is no need for it, yes I know and respect alfredo. But we are not partners in any way shape or form.

Let's discuss facts and the issues.

Cindy why the hostility and accusations?
Jan. 30, 2012, 9:28 pm
Cindy says:
Alfredo, there is no hostility or accusations on my part, just empathy and statements of fact. Everyone is aware of the fact that you use names such as, Carmine, Laura and Liam, to anonymously represent your point of view. Your point of view generally is dislike, distrust and jealousy of local civic and elected leaders. I believe you are an intelligent man and have a great deal to offer the community but this multi-character nonsense must stop! Try being you and only you, you might like it.
Jan. 31, 2012, 1:33 pm
Cindy says:
Jan. 31, 2012, 1:33 pm
Carmine says:
Please address me when addressing my comments, not Alfredo. You sound like a smart girl yourself look into who said what and allowed what to be posted where. You continue to make wild allegations about Al yet refuse to see what's under your own nose. Do you walk with blinders out of fear or convenience ? Or has the wool been pulled over your eyes? Respectfully , CARMINE
Jan. 31, 2012, 4:08 pm
Cindy from Whitestone says:
Again, I believe you to be a very intelligent man having a great deal to offer the community but this multi-character nonsense must stop! Try being you and only you, you might like it.
Feb. 1, 2012, 8:31 am
Carmine says:
Again, address me when responding to me.

again and again and again and again and again and again....................................................................
Feb. 1, 2012, 11:26 am
Jay from Whitestone says:
nuts dude..I think SYBIL is now living in whitestone
Feb. 1, 2012, 4:48 pm
daniel from my hood says:
this guy think he has a imposter? you need to be important to have a imposter. nobody knows who this dude is ... hahah at cindy,, she put him in his place hahaha. dude probably got scared agian and again and again hahahaa. this aint the real daniel either haha joke!!
Feb. 1, 2012, 6:06 pm
Carmine says:
Cindy thinks I am the impostor. That is what is so sad.
Feb. 1, 2012, 8:17 pm
Gina from Whitestone says:
Hey Alfredo!
NExt we'll be reading on QueensPolitics.com, that Carmine has an "online impersonator."
Feb. 1, 2012, 8:32 pm
Mike from Robinswood says:
Talk about a sad bunch of bafoons !!!! Pathetic. Truly the reason Whitestone is stereotyped. Also there is no such thing as malba gardens, your either in Malba or your not. You are considered Whitestone get over yourselves.
Feb. 1, 2012, 9:40 pm
Chris from Bayside says:
The Times Ledger printed a great story about how a local civic and the small business community partnered together in a way that would benefit everyone. There is no downside to the initiative. The article was a positive reinforcement and maybe a reminder of what communities used to be and still can still be if people are willing to work together. Instead, it spiraled downward very quickly in an imature and and alarming fashion as the commenters seem to be from the very community it was intended to help and even more alarming it appears that everyone writing is an ADULT. Teens and even young children make better use of their time. Whoever is writing on this blog trying to discredit the WTW group or any one individual should refocus their time and energy into doing things that will benefit themselves, their families and the community as a whole. I would like to believe that everyone involved is better than the embarrassing behavior exhibited above.
Feb. 1, 2012, 10:32 pm
Robinswood says:
Whats the zip for "Robinswood" again?
Feb. 2, 2012, 8:36 am
Alfredo C from Malba Gardens says:
Chris, excellent point and analysis of situation.
Feb. 2, 2012, 8:38 am
Cindy from Whitestone says:
Chris thank you, my sentiments exactly! Unfortunately, our local civic leaders and elected officials are subject to the condescending postings by this man on a daily basis.

He uses several different imaginary name characters on this and other blogs, as a device to misrepresent his victims intention, then he comments using his real name, he relates a positive message and speaks of unity, very truly sad.

Although our representatives are aware of the source, I personally disagree with their handling of this toxic problem. Some respond by not responding, some believe him to be a joke, laugh it off and dismiss him, while others have tried and failed to befriend him. I think it is time to out this behavior and make people more aware.

To all my hard working public serving, elected, civic and professional friends that have been defamed by this very malicious individual, it is time to speak up. Please know one fighter in a ring will always win.

The voice of Whitestone should always be strong. loud and TRUE.!!

Oh yes, Devon, the Whitestone Discount Card is a great idea and I sincerely thank you and all like you that do what is right for this town, fortunately that group is quite large.
Cindy
Feb. 2, 2012, 10:43 am
Jay from Whitestone says:
dang your good!
Feb. 2, 2012, 1:50 pm
Mat from Whitestone says:
There you go making what some would consider slanderous accusations it seems that Cindy if that really is her name, has an incredibly overactive imagination.
Feb. 2, 2012, 4:13 pm
Bernadette from Queens says:
All this is ridiculous, Thank God I don't live in Whitestone ! Malba is part of Whitestone....11357 !
Feb. 2, 2012, 5:39 pm
Jay from Whitestone says:
Carmine needed a little help from Mat and Bernadette, when are we going to here from Laura and Liam?
Feb. 3, 2012, 8:40 am
Angelo says:
SYBIL had 16 different people, is someone keeping count?
Feb. 3, 2012, 10:53 am
Darryn says:
as the hipsters move from brookylyn in search of greener pastures or at least some green space they bring with them allegations and accusations
Feb. 3, 2012, 7:41 pm
Angelo says:

Allegations, accusations? No....This guy is very F****ed Up!!!

Thanks Cindy for putting on the pressure for over a year. This would not have happened without you!
Feb. 5, 2012, 9:11 pm
Ice T from Reality says:
I love that people are arguing on the TimesLedger website. It's like being the sharpest utensil in the spoon drawer.
Feb. 6, 2012, 12:32 am
Mario from beechurst says:
Angelo do tell why would you say that
Feb. 6, 2012, 9:14 am
Angelo says:
Mario, talk to Carmine, he will explain it to you.

Write in Cindy for the next City Council election!
Feb. 6, 2012, 10:29 am
Emilio says:
Angelo, Cindy doesn't need a write in campaign she has the democratic machine behind her
Feb. 6, 2012, 10:34 am
Angelo says:
Wow, that is wonderful news!

Cindy is the only one who will do the right thing and make sure things get done right!
Feb. 6, 2012, 11:02 am
Mario says:
you made the comment why should I ask carmine?
Feb. 6, 2012, 5:02 pm
Angelo says:
Because you haven't uses Carmine since Wednesday!

That's why we need Cindy who keeps pushing. The only $pecial intere$st$ she cares about are the kids in the Community and their families.
Feb. 6, 2012, 5:37 pm
Cindy from Whitestone says:
Ange, thanks but please stop. Sadly he (as they) never will. He either truly believes in his multi-characters or thinks we do. Don't play with it, the man is not well.

Always light and sweet my friend, Later.

Cindy
Feb. 6, 2012, 6:41 pm
Carmine says:
No need for me to comment here when the ignorance level is so high. You people Cindy D. are pathetic. Ange, stick to making coffee light and sweet. One day I'll intorduce myself to you. For now i believe it was Mario that asked the question. Why not share your thoughts? Give us some details.

Timesleder. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful??????????
Feb. 6, 2012, 8:32 pm
Jay from Whitestone says:
No need for the intro dude..always been crystal clear!
Feb. 6, 2012, 10:20 pm
Carmine says:
Jay, who the hell was talking to you? I was talking to "ange" the next time I stop in for my penne vodka, with my double espresso hint!
Feb. 6, 2012, 10:46 pm
Major says:
Carmine, whats wrong!
Feb. 7, 2012, 12:47 pm
Alfredo C for real says:
Just a reminder as to what I really said and still think today.

Alfredo C for real from Malba Gardens says:
The above comment was not from Alfredo Centola of the Malba Gardens. Someone is attempting to cause a rift, so be it.

Devon is doing a good job and deserves kudos.

We all need to work together instead of trying to divide the community. I welcome an open discussion and we can agree to disagree but at the end of the day it is OUR community.

The 18 acre former brownfield on 6th avenue is up for sale with approved plans for 52 new homes. More development in our community needs to happen with consideration for the community already here. What are your thoughts? Has traffic been considered? The possible strain of existing infrastucture? More developement and no High school with existing schools already overcrowded? Is the existing parkspace enough to accomodate the new residents?

We need to have our voices heard before we become another severly overcrowded neighborhood.
Report abuseDec. 9, 2011, 4:19 pm

I CUT AND PASTE THE WHOLE THING SO YOU CAN NOTE THE DATE AND TIME STAMP.
Feb. 7, 2012, 6:50 pm
Major says:
But Carmine, you also cast doubt on the intentions and sincerity of a local civic president, you have said to commenters, "educate yourself", you call them, "ignorance, passive aggressive, impostors and pathetic" and then have the nerve to cry to the Timesleder on content.
What the hell is your problem you repugnant SOB?
Feb. 7, 2012, 7:13 pm
Cynthia from Brooklyn says:
Alfredo, I think it's time for a new press agent, Carmines just not cutting it. I told you!
Feb. 13, 2012, 6:52 pm
Carmine says:
You keep your nose out of it missy, I have been a hard working part of Malba Gardens for a long time and Al appreciates my support and my work. Read it for yourself then get lost.Respectfully, CARMINE
Feb. 14, 2012, 5:55 am
Steven says:
Alfredo Centola from Malba Gardens along with playing himself in this discussion, also played the roles of Carmine, Martino, Mike from Robinswood, Robinswood, Mat, Bernadette, Darryn, Ice T from Reality, Emilio and yes, even Cynthia from Brooklyn. What a talent!
Feb. 19, 2012, 4:23 pm