Teen charged in fatal stabbing in S. Ozone Park: NYPD

Erick Anderson holds a framed photo of his son Danthony McDonald with McDonald's 2-year-old sister, Chanelle. Photo by Christina Santucci

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like TimesLedger on Facebook.

A South Ozone Park teen has been arrested and charged with stabbing D’Anthony McDonald to death, police said Tuesday night.

Wilson Rivera, 19, was charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon, according to the NYPD.

Rivera lives about three blocks from where fellow South Ozone Park resident McDonald was murdered, police said.

At about 9 p.m. Friday, police were called to Linden Boulevard near 129th Street, where they found McDonald with a stab wound to the chest.

McDonald’s heartbroken father, Erick Anderson, said he had attempted to perform CPR on his son, to no avail.

McDonald had been taken to Jamaica Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Reach managing editor Christina Santucci by e-mail at timesledgerphotos@gmail.com or by phone at 718-260-4589.

Get our stories in your inbox, free.

Like TimesLedger on Facebook.

Me from Nyny says:
Thank god they caught my bros killer now he can really R.I.P
June 19, 2013, 5:31 pm
Lala from Queens says:
He was like a bro to my friends, I never met him. It's sad how you had to die at such a young age. RIP
June 20, 2013, 9:27 am
Rosie Anglade says:
I'm his cousin and I'm hurt by this why they had to take him away from my family over a girl why? I thank god that the killer is in jail
June 20, 2013, 2:45 pm
none of your biz from jamaica says:
I'm glad the little demon got caught. He will feel the wrath of god in jail n will suffer in hell everyday when he dies. I have no pity for the punk who did this. I hope he gets the max or life in prison without parole. You kill someone, you deserve to die too.
June 20, 2013, 10:14 pm
wadegrow from South Ozone Park says:
I knew that latin kid in the neighborhood. He looked like he had mental problems as he walked the blocks. His mother was a loud mouth sec8 chick. He had like gangster meetings at his house regularly. Guess he will be with all the thugs that he had wished for where he is going now.
June 20, 2013, 11:43 pm
vinny from south Jamaica says:
Wow I knew the guy that killed mc'donald I was pretty cool with him in highschool but lost contact with him after I graduated he was pretty quiet I guess the saying is true *watch out for the quiet ones* my prayers go to the mc'donald family dearly.
July 5, 2013, 9:42 am
john your cousin from money land says:
the life of a great cuzzing was taking away on his birthday by a best friend , only god knoes how it hurts to hear my favorite cousin is dead i love you dee anthony you was the best and still is love ya cousin jean . .. . rest in paradise deemoneyyy
Sept. 4, 2013, 8:44 am