Richmond Hill native fatally shot on Liberty Avenue

Friends including Junior Vassell (l.) gather at a makeshift memorial for a 23-year-old man who was fatally shot in Richmond Hill. Photo by Christina Santucci

A 23-year-old man was gunned down in Richmond Hill early Sunday after several men tried to jump him, police and the man’s friends said.

Officers were called to Liberty Avenue and 112th Street at about 3:30 a.m. and found the man with gunshot wounds to the torso, the NYPD said.

Emergency responders took the shooting victim to Jamaica Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according to cops. An investigation was ongoing, police said.

Friends who gathered around a makeshift memorial of flowers and candles Sunday afternoon identified the man killed as Gerrard Edwards, and said he worked for a home health company delivering hospital beds and other medical supplies.

“He looked out for everyone,” said Nelissa Sankar. “He had a golden heart.”

Edwards grew up in Richmond Hill, but his parents no longer live in Queens, friends said.

“He was always smiling, the life of the party,” said a friend, who didn’t want to be identified and added that Edwards was a fan of the musician Drake.

The friend said Edwards and a few buddies were hanging out on the corner when several men got into a fight with Edwards and tried to jump him.

“One of them pulled out a gun and shot five times,” he said.

Junior Vassell said he came outside after the altercation had begun and saw his friend get shot.

“Gerrard turned around and he went to sit on the floor, and that was that,” he said.

“He was like a brother to me,” Vassell said. “He was my best friend.”

Reach managing editor Christina Santucci by e-mail at timesledgerphotos@gmail.com by phone at 718-260-4589.

Neighbor from Liberty ave says:
This is what happens when you kids want to be outside that hour of the morning and you West Indians go to the club and think you bad can't even accidentally bump into someone they want to fight so I'm pretty sure the deceased had beef with someone and they took it to another level . Violence isn't the answer to many young ignorant people out there and seems to me no one is learning from these type of incidents rip gerrard
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:22 am
VERONICA says:
Shut your mouth if you don't know anything !
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:43 am
Sarah from Queens says:
What a shame. There is no altercation serious enough that should lead to someone's death. Get it together young kids. RIP Gerrard.
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:50 am
Sammie dread says:
Listen "neighbor from liberty ave" please SHUT UP if you don't have anything proper to say at the right time. If you not bringing back our deceased friend then you shouldn't even put your 2 sense in. Thank you.
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:52 am
Rrrrrrr from Kew Gardens says:
Its sad to hear this... im west indian .. and I hate going to the clubs in queens...because the drunk west Indian guys always looking to fight... I really sad to hear about Gerrad....
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:58 am
Daniel from brooklyn says:
I agree 100% with neighbor from liberty.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:05 pm
richie from south ozone says:
Rip Gerrard , you was a brother you will definitely be missed
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:06 pm
damn from Brooklyn says:
it sucks
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:06 pm
kavita says:
R.I.P Gerrad Edward. He was a very good soul. Its very sad to hear how this young man got his death. I just hope those criminals get caught for taking such an innocent life and rot in jail with miserable deaths. Damn, I don't understand why some people are so violent, you don't have to kill someone if there's a little disagreement. My heart goes out to the family and friends of this young man.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:13 pm
Dj Crwn from Elite Soundz says:
This is very tragic. A life lost too soon no matter what the circumstances were. RIP youth. Condolences to your family.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:16 pm
Queens resident from Liberty says:
I agree with liberty neighbor
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:17 pm
Ashleigh from Hollis says:
It hurts me to know that he's gone. I went to high school with him. He was an amazing dude even though me and him use to go back and forth with not liking each then liking each other. He always knew how to make everybody around him laugh. Gerrard you will be missed. Gone but never forgotten.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:17 pm
RipG from Queens says:
"This is what happens when you kids want to be outside at that hour?" If you had any respect at all, you should know that's not something you would say at this moment especially when there are people grieving. Keep your unnecessary comments to yourself. You're sure he had beef? I'm sure you weren't there. No one can stop violence. Obviously we'd then live in a peaceful world, which we don't.

Rip Gerrard ;(
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:19 pm
TrueD from Queens says:
I agree with Liberty Neighbor. He probably did something to deserve this. There was a fight, if he was such a great and good person he should have known when to back off. RIP to him and all but let this be a lesson to all you young heads with hot tempers.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:25 pm
Avi from richmond hill says:
You just got to know when to walk away. All these lil coolie boys wanna b gangster.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:28 pm
SUCH A SAD THING from Bellerose NY says:
As a West Indian this is such a SAD && Disturbing situation, RIP to the young man that lost his life, and my deepest sympathy to this family and friends.

With that said, we all go to the clubs in Queens, and if your a 80ths Baby then you know that the clubs In Queens are no longer what they used to be, too much young ignorant people clubbing these days.

EGO'S are so out of control!! grow up!!
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:30 pm
Tb from Queens says:
I'm very sorry to hear what happen to to this man ! RIP !
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:31 pm
KARIS from Every where Comfortably says:
Neighbor from liberty... you didn't have to use the race card or try to characterize ppl that hang out in that area.. if u were aware there was mulitple shoots that nite in different areas.. u should keep ur comments to urself if you have nothing nice to say. I'm pretty sure if u knew him you wouldn't have said that slick comment. Your right it doesn't need to go on but we don't need ur negative comments either. If you wasn't there don't assume.

R.I.P GERRARD EDWARDS YOU WILL BE MISSED ♥
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:35 pm
Liberty from Richmond Hill says:
I have a brother and when I hear stuff like this is scares me. But it's true if you bump into someone they want to play gangster and fight, I'm not saying every guy is like that but a lot are especially when they drink. It's such a shame and I hope they find the guys who did this. My condolences to the family.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:38 pm
RipG from Queens says:
Again, there are people grieving a loss here. Do you dumb dick —— have any respect than to sit here and be like "yea he had to do something to deserve that?"
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:43 pm
Dj wutlezz from Enfxradio.com says:
Damn so sad a kid that I seen grow up in front my eyes is now gone over some dumb reason no one deserves to go weather it be because the holidays are right around the corner, he didn't deserve this such a great kid or should I say man he was so loving and caring always had a smile on his face may you rest in paradise bro we miss you and love you still can't belive your gone
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:47 pm
jojo! from richmond hill says:
Everyone who said something negetive take a knife n cut out ur ——ing tounge Gerrard was a plesant soul n and a wonderful person espeically u neighbor u dont know him 7 people tryed to hurt him n u expext him to be just there n not defend himself so he did unfortuantley it took my brothers life instead of staying here longer with us!!!!!! Dont even talk —— n then say o r.I.p ur condolences are even genuine! So save it Gerrard babyboy u will b truly missed we love u and we misss u!!!!!!
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:51 pm
Krystal from Queens says:
How the —— do you sit there and say he probably did something to deserve it. No matter what kind of person you are you don't deserve to die by another persons hands. We are all Gods children and unless you live in a ——ing glass house disrespectful words like that shouldn't be spoken much less typed. Don't judge someone because they sin differently from you.
Dec. 23, 2013, 12:54 pm
Unknown from Richmond Hill says:
To Those who are talking negative....if you have nothing good to say then keep your opinion to yourself, no one trying hear your negativity right now, you weren't there to know what happened, and regardless who was right or wrong it doesn't give anyone the right to take someone else's life from them. a 23 year old is not a kid he's a young man that had a fam and life ahead of him.

R.I.P Gerrard...Condolences goes out to his Family and friends.
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:01 pm
Anoynomus from Hollis says:
R.i.p. �� too many lives cut short due to gun violence when will it STOP when will kids stop killing kids when will GUNS BE OUT THE PICTURE STOP THE VIOLENCE STOP THE KILLING ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, so many FUNERALS not enough GRADUATIONS, WE NEED TO STOP KILLING EACH OTHER. MY CONDOLENCES #BuryTheBeefIncreaseThePeace (meaning forget the beef spread peace) ♡♡♡♡♡
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:02 pm
xyz from richmond hill says:
R.I.P to this kid. But the reality is that is how these clubs in our area are. I would never go to the clubs or lounges in our area because driving home at night I see the wannabe thugs stumbling out of them drunk, belligerent, and obnoxious. Young kids now think life is about being hard and turning up. You are just as good as the people you surround yourself with
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:10 pm
Fellow Queens Resident from South Ozone Park says:
It's sad that these things happen but I agree with everyone about ignorant people clubbing & that's something no-one will ever be able to avoid because where there's alcohol, usually follows some ignorance, then at times violence, so bottom line ALL OF US need to be careful...it could've been a bystander coming out of 7/11 across street that wasn't even clubbing...you know. Most of my close friends & I frequent Silver, it could've been any of us but my friends knew him, so sorry for the loss....May he truly rest in peace....
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:15 pm
no one is desrespecting here from understand the facts says:
well said XYZ, Neighbor and everyone that stated the truth.
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:16 pm
Sharmela from Queens says:
It's sad when someone so young loses there life for no reason. It doesn't ma tree what time of night it was, that doesn't give someone the right to take someone else's life. Last te I checked you go out to have a good time not to loose your friggin life. Watch what you say because a family lost a son cousin and brother. A girlfriend lost there boyfriend. Be mindful.
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:22 pm
SMH from Jamaica, NY says:
My EX used to cheat on me with him while he had a girl! He knew I was with her and yet he did it. I told him back off and nothing changed. Guess he got what he was looking for. Stop saying he was all good because reality is, he wasn't.
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:27 pm
Reader from Queens says:
I didn't know Gerrard I'm just reading this article. I'm very sorry for those who lost a loved one and may he rest in peace

To those who find the need to post unnecessary things here.. Karma will be back for you. How do you back out of a fight when you're being jumped?! Who's to say if he tried yo walk away? Were you there? And maybe they still would of shot him! A loss is a loss. Maybe he did have beef with these guys but nothing is serious enough to take a life. Gerrard doesn't sound like he was a murderer or gangster..he was only 23 he didn't deserve this .

Once again may he rest in peace
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:34 pm
The truth from Richmond Hill says:
Everyone on this has a good point West Indian people do not know how to act when they are drunk. Gerrard wasn't as innocent as everyone is making him out to seem but at the end of the day know one deserves to die he will be missed

R.I.P GARRARD
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:34 pm
Fact from Truth says:
^^^^^^^^ Truth
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:35 pm
Concerned Parent from Queens says:
this type of things make a parent dont sleep in the night until their children come home. When they consume alcohol they become bolder and show off, they dont let any words or look pass them. It is a shame this holiday season a parent have to go through this, what happen to all the best friends could not save him now. Yet they do all this to hang out and impress their friends..
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:44 pm
Senseless loss = more $$ to west indian bars/ cl from South Ozone Park says:
I lived and grew up in the hood all my life. I'm west indian, have a degree, and a good job. Went to the worst schools. It's sad to see west indian youth try to portray an image of being gangster, instead of trying succeed in the real world. They all wanna portray this ghetto/ tough guy image.

This young man is probably a nice guy, but the stereotype that's created overshadow's who he really was. These clubs and promoters make all this money off the youth. How about you stop doing bottle service, stop serving people when they're inebriated, set a higher age limit for entrance.

I would love for these wanna be west indian tough guys to go outside their own community to other places and then act tough. Bunch of cowards that feel a need to fit in with the other dumb ghetto shmucks.
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:50 pm
Ak from Fl says:
No ONE DESERVES TO GET GUN DOWN first off all yah negatives comments yah aunt no better am sure if it was sum one u kn or your family you say he deserves it,shyt happens eveyone chooses the path sum walk away sum dnt respect RIP!!!
Dec. 23, 2013, 1:59 pm
Chris from Liberty says:
"lil coolie boys wanna b gangster"
Dec. 23, 2013, 2:08 pm
Joe Moretti from Jamaica says:
Another example of all the nonsense in the Greater Jamaica area, especially by young people of color inflicting violence on other young people of color.

First it was young people of color killing each other over drugs, then killing each other over expensive sneakers, now it is just young people of color killing each other pretty much for no reason at all.

At that age, learn to be adult men instead of boys.

And this is why Greater Jamaica area has the reputation it does.

Dec. 23, 2013, 2:12 pm
Cindy from richmondhill says:
It doesn't matter what the problem is it shouldn't resolve in killing someone.... so all this nonsense that people are saying."maybe he deserve it or maybe it was a mistake" oh please just stfu it pisses me of because it just doesn't matter who are yu to take a life. I hope your reading this and I hope u rot in jail and may all your nights be sleepless and restless... if its ok to kill then I should pop a few caps in your ass....
Anyways with that being said...
Rip garrerd I remember your from my teenage years.. im sure u woulda made an awesome father to your baby girl
Dec. 23, 2013, 2:21 pm
skeemr from brooklyn says:
Rip my —— gerrad I know you dumb long bro
Dec. 23, 2013, 2:26 pm
Truth from Queens says:
It's funny how sum ppl only comment on West Indian ppl soft nd blah blah nd trying to be gangsta I guess that make u more bad right ? But u all talk —— but face to face am sure it's a different story how u don't know the man was standing up for his self if 7 men trying to jump him but because he is West Indian he trying be a gangsta so stupid RIP G.....
Dec. 23, 2013, 2:29 pm
WOW example ^ from Right there says:
"but you all talk --- but face to face am sure its a different story"

you just solidified the west indian violent wanna be gangsta stigma this thread is arguing about guy. waste
Dec. 23, 2013, 2:38 pm
ruth aka cotton from jamaica says:
i knew Gerrard...was a very nice guy...RIP...its sad no one should die this way...
Dec. 23, 2013, 3:14 pm
Mom in queens from Queens says:
It's really heartbreaking for a parent to have to bury a child.. Gun voilence in our community has escalade and need to be stopped.. This should not have happened.. But let it be an awakening and let us put a stop to it. There should be a limit of drinks allowed.
RIP Youngman.. ..
Dec. 23, 2013, 3:24 pm
sad where we headed.... from around the way says:
You know... its good we are all chatting about this. Its bad that a death has to be the reason we bring up these topics.
No one should take offence at what anyone here is saying.
Everyone has a point and it makes sense.
This neighborhood is heading downhill. big time. take a step back and look a the new youths of today. Everyone wants to be though and bad. But can you blame them? that is what they are surrounded with.. they are enclosed in this world of hate and toughness and they just ... cannot.. see... past.. it.
They will continue to spin their wheels and be stuck in what they think is 'the life'... and never get to see the true wonder of what we are really capable of.
Dec. 23, 2013, 3:28 pm
Mukesh from 111 liberty avr says:
Rum till they die
Dec. 23, 2013, 3:50 pm
An Outsider from NY, NY says:
It doesn't matter if you are from the West Indies, Europe or North America. Violence is violence stat. It's just senseless that one human being could do this to another. Lets see NYPD go after the shooter with all its resources. The poor neighborhood does not get the attention as the rich ones. CNN lets see you air this continuously.
Heart felt sympathy to the family and friends of this young man. May his sole rest in peace.
Dec. 23, 2013, 4 pm
Kelz from Queens says:
RIP bro !! You will be missed!
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:03 pm
swizz from ozone park says:
R.I.P to a real —— all yall negative ppl jus need to STFU cause if that was ur fam or friend yall wont be so negative. Condolence to the family and friends.
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:11 pm
a friend says:
RIP Gerrard!!! A good guy with a great heart. All these low lives, and I say that because who would talk —— about a deceased person, have nothing nice to say.. if you can't bring back our friend, then you shouldnt say anything! He was wayyyy to young... didnt have time to fully enjoy life, have a future filled with a wife, kids, and everything that he must've dreamt of. Rest in Paradise Gerrard!!!
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:14 pm
smh from South Ozone says:
RIP dude, i didn't know him but I see him around, pretty sure everyone who has been in either MOKA JOUVAY SILVERLINE RAIN etc seen this guy. Everyone isn't perfect, and this guy definitely wasn't but no one should go through a fate that he had to face. With that being said, I hate to say it but this death does nothing for the Guyanese/Trinidadian community. All these kids are going are still going to think getting drunk, smoking cigs, acting tough and as what my mom usually says "big man" is the route to success because girls out here are attracted to that nonsense. Because isnt that what most of these coolie boys are tryna do? impress to get girls, "smash " them and then talk —— about it amongst their boys? Fact is west indian kids are tryna live life with a a deep desire to be cool and accepted that's why they have to act tough to get respect. In all, they see a fogged up picture of what life should be and not reaching their full potential.
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:22 pm
Chris from liberty says:
99% of you need to go back to school and stop going to the club so much
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:25 pm
Chris from liberty says:
And stop posting so much you're embarrassing yourself sign like a bunch of non-educated people
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:26 pm
From the worst from Queens Jamaica says:
It's a shame young kid lost his life for nothing no one will know what realy happen.. But I use to live in the Richmond Hill area I went to school there I grew up in the streets an I know someone knows who killed him an what it was about that area every body talks an knows every thing some one should come forward an bring justice for this kid.. These comments hear are mostly tru teens these days can't control there liquor an let it get the best of them an it ends up bad.. Every one wants to be a gangster but all gangster either end up dead or in jail... You youths out there should try being men instead of gangsters.... Rip rip an may the person that did this to you burn for taking your life.... An to his hommies that commented in this forum why must you use the n word an be so disrespectful an childish.. Like I said gangsters there is no place in this world for them.
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:38 pm
AJ from QUEENS says:
It's sad to see any young person die, especially such a violent death. Being West Indian, I am sometimes ashamed of what has become of our neighborhoods. We West Indians glorify drinking and partying as being part of our culture--and it does come from a long sense of celebration since our independence from the British. A large problem in our community is a lack of true identity where people resort to culture conforming to fit in--This leads to abusing alcohol and trying to connect with a culture which is not our own. I see too many young men who I will never have a conversation with because of how they carry themselves. My parents preached education first and everything else after. Our people are very educationally strong when they put their minds to it and I just hope and pray that parents of the next generation can glorify education, college, and careers more than clubbing, drinking and celebration all the time. I hope Gerrards death is not in vain and parents in our community direct our future to the road less taken. RIP Gerrard. My post is not directed to Gerrard, its directed to our ever failing community.
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:42 pm
Mike from Jamaica queens says:
^^^ Well said
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:50 pm
brian says:
rest in peace ! what is bothering me is where was all your friends when this was happening ?..all your boys should be living in guilt.
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:54 pm
The truth from Richmond Hill says:
Like really who would try to jump Garrard for no reason when he was with his people (David & Trouble ) 3 big ass mother ——er. There is way people to the story then what it says on here and if you wasn't there would never know the truth so everyone stop the —— know one deserves to die
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:57 pm
man from southozone says:
Richmond Hill is becoming a dump. Everyone who is smart enough, move up to long island man, this area is a waste.
Dec. 23, 2013, 4:59 pm
cuz from liberty says:
Gérard ,cuz Just wanted to Say yo am miss u , r.i.p. You was always like a Brother to me, Nice sweet Person, dame yo still cant belive yur gone ��
Dec. 23, 2013, 5:01 pm
Marc hordatt from pa says:
Knew you from a little kid. You definitely were a good soul. For those who are commenting on this young man and did not know him. He was indeed of a God given nature. He was a protector for his friends. He was a big uncle to my kids. He was a caring human being. He would never see someone come into harms way. This ultimately might have been his undoing. I will miss you kid. Tell Jesus hi for all of us.
Dec. 23, 2013, 5:32 pm
kd from 2 blocks from this terrible crime. says:
Its a shame that something terrible like this has to happen for people to start talking about the causes. You can blame the clubs, media or even economics but the bottom line is that young people these days have no respect for themselves and no morals, not only Indians all nationalities. Don't stereotype West Indian people because the majority are decent people. Its this young generation that have no sense of responsibility and pride. I was a teen of the 90's and we did dumb ——, but this generation is just out of control. Sorry that a life was lost, but its not the first and won't be the last for the foreseeable future.
Dec. 23, 2013, 5:32 pm
jayden from hollis says:
maybe he followed the "Get rich or die trying" method. obviously he aint rich. peace out nigs
Dec. 23, 2013, 6:10 pm
eddie f from queens ny says:
RIP G-u did not deserve to go like dat.I pray dat u r soul rest in peace. You always showed me n my wife respect n will always keepy u in our sad but luvin hearts. Luv dad:((
Dec. 23, 2013, 6:29 pm
STFU from Qnz says:
All y'all from Qnz need to stfu
Dec. 23, 2013, 6:32 pm
Concerned neighbor from Springfield from Springfield says:
These ——es need to stop going out. It's not even their birthday
Dec. 23, 2013, 6:35 pm
Keepin It Real from Lib & 120 says:
It's amazing how stupid coolie people can be... First off just cuz this dude was chillin late at night don't give anyone the right to take his life. We should be able to walk day or night and feel safe. Second in general all the little pu**y ass kids run for a gun how about standing your ground and throw your hands 1 on 1. Lastly to liberty neighbor your an ignorant —— it's people like you that give West Indian people a bad name, people like you should keep your mouth shut you bring down the West Indian community.
Dec. 23, 2013, 6:54 pm
money mitch from soutside says:
flllluck outta here, that was my son, but —— needa STOP WALKIN ROUND THE HOOD LIKE THEY POP ——, cuz 1 day they gonna bump heads with the wrong Soulja, some u —— Jus make the rest us look like retarts/r.i.p G .
Dec. 23, 2013, 7:04 pm
too bad from rhill says:
oh well another one gone
Dec. 23, 2013, 7:21 pm
Mikash from Brooklyn says:
It's sad to see these young kids killing each other it's senseless.
Dec. 23, 2013, 7:25 pm
bklyn bad ass from east new york says:
LOL STFU are'nt u from queens???? N u tellin —— from qns to STFU-U DUMB ASS:))
Dec. 23, 2013, 7:54 pm
RipG from Queens says:
To MR. SMH - but you mad over a girl? obviously Gerrard was doing something you weren't if your ex preferred him. i hope you choke on your spit in your sleep tonight you ignorant little —— ——.
Dec. 23, 2013, 8:31 pm
I live In South Richmond Hill from South Richmond Hill says:
neighbor from Liberty is kind of right. Except that I certainly wish this didn't happen. But back to giving you people from the neighborhood some advice. I have been living here for 3 years. Bought a house here. I have seen this place get worse by the day. Punks tagging up their own neighborhood. Graffiti everywhere. I once saw my neighbor go tell someones parent to control their son because he was putting graffiti on peoples fences. The kids parent threatened my neighbor with a machete. You walk during the day and you see alcoholics standing in the corner. They don't respect other peoples properties. Instead of defending you children when someone tells you that they are doing bad ——, perhaps you should teach them a lesson instead of grooming them to be criminals. You guys see all the SH*T clubs on liberty avenue, you see the type of scum that go to these places, you all see that people are getting stabbed or shot on their way out of these garbage dumps, SO WHY would you go there is you though you didn't belong? Yeah this place is going to Sh*t! Unless you people stop defending the truth that your parenting skills suck. If you are a person in your 20's and want to go out, go somewhere else, going to these places is like going into the worse part of Harlem or Knickerbocker avenue, there is nothing there but a bunch of drunk, drug addicted criminals who are waiting to dig their machetes at anyone. These are my neighbors!!! God bless this guy's family and I hope he rests in peace.
Dec. 23, 2013, 8:33 pm
respect from queens says:
I didnt personally know gerrad but I've seen him around. My condolences to his family and friends..seems to me some ppl posting here seem to forget that a young man just died for probably the most stupidest reason lets have some respect for him and his family ppl!! most of you will not be burying a friend, son,cousin or even a family member for the holiday and its a shame to read some of these posts.
Dec. 23, 2013, 8:35 pm
N/A from Queens says:
Look, no one knew what was gonna happen so all you ——ss need to stop saying "this is what happens" and saying he deserved this. Like how effed up can you be? The poor kid is dead. He was funny and a great person. R.IP. Gerrard and you'll be missed
Dec. 23, 2013, 8:44 pm
Sandy from Jamaica says:
First of all I don't know this person that met with such a tragic death but my deepest sympathy to the family! But some people making there comments are so dumb and disrespectful it doesn't matter who you get I to a fight with or where you go it doesn't mean they have the right to take your life when they didn't give you life. Just because he gets into an altercation what does that mean he's suppose to stay in his house and not go out! You people need to grow up and understand in this day and age it doesn't matter where you are or who your with your always a target even when your innocent
Dec. 23, 2013, 8:51 pm
Girl from Richmond Hill says:
I don't understand why everyone is going on about West Indian people this and that and talking down about Queens bars/club. The sad truth is that you are not safe anywhere, not even in your own home. Instead of having foul things to say about an incident that most of you do not know the story of; you are better off not saying anything at all.
It is sad that a life was loss. All this argument will not bring him back. One kid got stab to death a few blocks away recently and a cop got beaten a few blocks away also and it's all happening around the same time and everyone involved in all the incidents were under the influence. Why aren't cops posted in any of these places that are more prone to have fights and outbreaks? Someone explain that!
RIP Gerard. No one deserves to go that way.
Dec. 23, 2013, 8:51 pm
Mya from Jamaica says:
Wtf does being West Indian have to do with anything or going to school??? Are we not allowed to go out and have a good time but there are idiots out there that just love causing trouble for no reason. And more over just because he was with his boys people shouldn't be scared of them there are people that don't care and feel they can do as they please so some of you really need common sense to say someone deserves to die cuz that's just not human to say that esp when you don't know that person
Dec. 23, 2013, 8:58 pm
rasta from Jamaica ave says:
Every body need to shut t.f.u....ok put your self in his shoes wether his friends were there or not wtf would u all do if it was u and i mean the one who is talking all this ——,,,.....rriipp jah blessing Everytime
Dec. 23, 2013, 9:02 pm
D from friend says:
Yoo dat person who leave dat first comment , first of all haul yuh mudda —— an shut the focc up ain't didn't know my homie personally . I know ppls friend an family say on the tv my kid wuz a good kid an they gang6anging all day , real nga —— Gerrard WAS ever since I known him funny , respecta6le , good head in his shoulders , ain't know1 I know cud say sumtin 6ad a6t the homie .
Dec. 23, 2013, 9:03 pm
t-murder from queens says:
Yo whoever got something negative to say about my brother ya don't know the half of it
Dec. 23, 2013, 9:41 pm
t-murder from queens says:
Serious facts
Dec. 23, 2013, 9:42 pm
queens finest evil kid from queens ny says:
Its sad to see and hear stuff like this in our neighbourhood. No respect no morals back in the days u got into a fight and that was it got ur respect and walked away. Nowadays everyone got guns n knives.. Even more shameless its on our own kind. RIP Gerrard. Every dog has their day they will pay ome day. West indian people or not respect eachother respect the.neighborhood..respect urselves...
Dec. 23, 2013, 10:14 pm
Z;K from Queens says:
ALL THESE WANNA BE THUGS YOU AIN'T —— WITHOUT A GUN ... I love you Gerrard and always will ... when i close my eyes i still see that 7yrs old chunky kid riding his bike on the Ave I can't believe this happen ... But its ok with all these stupid trash talking they fail to realize that MANKIND IS NOT HERE TO JUDGE OTHERS THAT IS GOD WORK BUT YOU CAN'T EDUCATE STUPID IDIOTS ... Sleep In Peace now child you are still my child ....... Love Auntie Z.K
Dec. 23, 2013, 10:19 pm
dj kev from valley stream says:
I grew up in queens. I lived there for 21 years. It's definitely not the same neighborhood. What happened to the good old fashioned fist fight. Too many youngsters walking around with guns. It doesn't make you a man when you pull the trigger. I don't know the deceased but it's really sad to hear another youths life was cut short. This is why I got my family out of queens. RIP GERARD
Dec. 23, 2013, 10:33 pm
Trying To Comprehend from local says:
First off R.I.P to him he shouldn't have went out that way. Now after reading this article I'm a little confused here... according to a couple of the witnesses that were there they saw either part or all of what happened to this guy("they're best friend/brother") and none of them tried to help him? One of them stated they saw him get shot and watched him sit down after but it didn't occur to them to get a cab or there car lug him in there and rush him to the hospital? That sounds real friend like and brave if everyone had friends like that the world would be empty. So sad doesn't matter if he was a good guy or not a life is a life and he shouldn't have lost his so soon.
Dec. 23, 2013, 10:49 pm
Big rave from Corona says:
It's a shame. We can speak till our face turns blue. These young kids want to live like gangsters. Karma is a —— and those who took someone's child will have to answer to a higher being. Didn't know him but this happens all the time. Until people decide to change better get used to seeing these posts in the news.
Dec. 23, 2013, 10:58 pm
Concerned citizen from Richmond hill says:
RIP GERARD. No one deserve to die like this. AFTER ALL THE SCREAMING AND YELLING HERE... All of you will forget what happened and go right back clubbing!! Something needs to be done about the violence in this neighborhood and these CLUBS /BARS/ LOUNGES!! there is one in Every block along Liberty Ave!!! check this out... GET A VIP FOR 10 ppl and U HAVE TO BUY 4 BOTTLES!!?? WTF ARE THEY PROMOTING HERE??? If you all want to make a difference then stand up and do something!!! Otherwise, just shut up and go back to the clubs!!
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:29 pm
bern from s.rh says:
Unfortunately we must continue "stop and frisk".
RIP G
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:37 pm
All the way from Bx from Bronx says:
Its sad to hear our own people dying like this in queens. r.i.p to homie, but at 330a.m anybody who value life shouldn't be hanging out on a corner at that time. West indian parents always tell their kids to be home a certain time for a reason, this is an example of the outcome. So sad so young s.i.p
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:40 pm
Sherry from Canads says:
So for this young man, may his soul really rest in peace, I just want to know we have crime here in montreal toronto where guyanese population is big but how come our crime rate are down for guyanese here, number one these days mother, father, sister, brother , niece, nephew, grandparents etc all drink together and put the pics on Facebook so proud of it, Indians party but the girls don't drink in front of the bcus they respect their parents but our westindian have a longway to go,sorry am young female but their is a limit. Am so shamed another my guyanese women old and young 50 percentage are drinking and sunday they go temple worst even the clothing,
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:53 pm
kavita says:
Seriously some of you I would swear never went to school and educated yourselves you sound like uneducated morans ...race has nothing to do with this..you can go to any part of this world with white,black,chinese,spanish,indian,West Indian it doesn't matter and you will find trouble. ..who care if he was out at 3:30 he was enjoying his life doing what he wanted stop judging him for what he was doing at that time let him rest in peace. ...This is the human nature we are living to die..Some of us less fortunate to die sooner than others. ..and nothing gives another human the rights to take another's life...rip..condolences to his family & friends
Dec. 23, 2013, 11:54 pm
Black skinned coolie from Bushwick NY says:
Not surprised this happened. Indo-Caribbeans specifically guyanese and trinidadians are now a huge segment of the prison population in all New York State penitentiaries. I know I used to work at Rikers Island
Dec. 24, 2013, Midnight
smh from jamaica says:
every collie friends i know wants to be gangster's every single one is tryin to fit in wit the worst-even tho i was around em i was never about tht stupid life so many of them are brainwash into tht gangster life... they will never learn!!!! its sad
Dec. 24, 2013, 12:11 am
trisha from Latin king nation says:
R.i.p bro. Chilled with u a few times n had heart to heart convos.
Dec. 24, 2013, 12:45 am
tony from richmond hill says:
Too many guns on the streets these days is a big issue. NYPD also should be at fault here. This fat head P.o. sits on 111 n lib writing tickets all day but at 3:30 a.m. when crime is happening there no where to be found R.I.P. my brother Gerrard. And if you got a gun grow the hell up. All reading this do your best to make this tragic event never happen again
Dec. 24, 2013, 12:55 am
--- from jamaica says:
I have known gerrard for years now my brother and him was mad cool he would always be at the house we dated like 7years ago for alil and when we broke up we pass each other on the streets we would stop n kiss each other on the cheeks n keep it moving I wouldnt say he was an angel but no one deserves to die r.I.p
Dec. 24, 2013, 1:03 am
Kavita from Richmond hill says:
I don't know him personally but it's sad to hear an innocent life being taken....RIP Gerrard
Dec. 24, 2013, 1:15 am
savitrie from Bronx says:
All these young coolie boys just killing each other for nothing they need to stop and see if you see other race killing each other. He is someones child think of what the MOM is going throw, I think all u coolie parents in Queens should come out and speak aganist gun voloince just like all the other race are doing stop worrying about making that money and worry about ur kids
Dec. 24, 2013, 1:42 am
savitrie from Bronx says:
All of his friends know what happen they all love him and say oh his like a brother to me so why say something to prepevent this to happen to someone else. All you guyanse people we all game from the same country and we all grew up poor and our parents worked hard and came here tp give us a good life and education
Dec. 24, 2013, 1:56 am
savitrie from Bronx says:
who says you cant drink and party but you just must know your limits
Dec. 24, 2013, 1:58 am
Benz from Queens says:
Everyone makes mistakes noone is perfect but G was a good hearted person. Just cause you lie doesnt make you evil. Everyone sins. Noone has the right to take another persons life. Many of you are judging and will be judged twice as bad on judgment day. Have you every loved someone perfect? No! but im sure it still hurts if something happened to that loved one. Rest in Paradise Gee ! I see you doing bigg && better things !
Dec. 24, 2013, 2:36 am
pucker says:
I am very sorry to hear this. And we all get what we deserve. Even if it's unexpected. But what I do know is that a neighborhood like that you shouldn't be out at three in the morning hanging out. Plain and simple. If several people tried to jump him is pretty clear that it's time to drop everything and go home. I never just hang out at that time on the road. You know at those times people get killed, rape, robbed etc. That's one of the worst times to be out. And if your hanging out late Then you are looking for trouble. It's like your driving drunk, but when you gget caught t you never want to accept it. Or you keep running.
Dec. 24, 2013, 2:56 am
gee from queens elmhurst says:
you coulda done anything but why yu had to pop dat thing fo man . homie in the sky they need yu up there yu was true and fosho is betta in the sky b yu in a much peaceful place man dawg remeba maccen w chu was real funny cat i put chu on yu put me on had a good time but wish couldve spent mo time w you b
Dec. 24, 2013, 4:08 am
G from South ozone pl says:
As a mom my heart bleeds for the families ,a young man died such a tragedy a father only son. I pray for peace in our neighborhood & the family may God give you the courage and strength needed to go on R.I.P Gerrad. Gone to soon.
Dec. 24, 2013, 6:39 am
james RW Prime from little trinidad says:
This idiot needed a few bullets. Little Indians playing thugs, he was a no good to society. Check his background and see the long list of criminal offenses. I hope you fool learned from this. You will NOT be miss, your death is a Christmas gift to the west Indian community. Like the others said it is hard to hangout peacefully at a west Indian bars because of you losers hoodlums.
Dec. 24, 2013, 9:05 am
The worst from Queens says:
It's a shame I read tru the comments an still see Wana be gangster... This kid lost his life an you guy still keeping this fake gangster —— up.... I hope you like jail or a body bag.. The boys in this forum should man up
Dec. 24, 2013, 9:21 am
Neil from Jamaica says:
Sounds like alot of you got yall ass whipped or checked by some of these wanna be gangsta coolie boys. This shows they aint pretending.
Dec. 24, 2013, 9:30 am
you had it coming from queens says:
Im pretty sure they started the beef. He was a crip gang member according to his friend the shooter pulled a gun when the beef started and he told the guy " you got a gun you think you gangsta pull the trigga if you gangsta ——" that's when he was shot he wanted to act hard in-front of his peoples and this is what happens.
Dec. 24, 2013, 10:10 am
AB from Richmond Hill says:
This aint got nun to do with being "coolie" or West Indian. Similar situation happened to my Ecuadorian friend a few years ago.. I hate when arrogant people relate these crimes to the persons background. Even West Indians bring West Indians down its a shame. RIP Gerrard..
Dec. 24, 2013, 10:46 am
RoyaL from NYC says:
All negative comments referring to why and how this occurred are absolutely pointless- Although I have no idea who this man is I truly feel sorry for him and his entire family. The idea of this forum is to educate the youth- NOT condemn others for what we know we have been doing.. I say this with all truth- I am an 8os baby born & raised in NYC & we all know that these spots are not what they once were.. With that being said we need to educate and support the community including your enemies to focus on a better future. If you want to play a big shot you should really look up what a big shot is and how they live- then truly play the part. Rest In Peace and may your memories carry on.
Dec. 24, 2013, 11:03 am
Smoke from Queens ozone park says:
Rip to my homie Bigg G we lost another one to the street but god has gain an angel till we meet again my Gz.....—— all these people here talkin —— if ya dk what happen or even kno him stfu cause if it was one of your loved ones or close friends you wouldnt be saying that so have respect for his family an friends
Dec. 24, 2013, 11:36 am
lil man says:
If it was anyone loved ones they will not be on here talking —— take one people in Queens be starting —— for absolutely no reason
Dec. 24, 2013, 1:26 pm
s ozone pk from LI says:
I have many friend and family who are promoter and frequent these places.. Gun voliolence is never the answer. No young person deserves to have their life taken away from their family.. I send my condolences to the family. . This will not open the eyes of other youngster .. but I hope and pray there is a lesson learned.. RIP to this young soul. . This has been occurring way to often. .
Dec. 24, 2013, 2:09 pm
life from death says:
Just another statistic!
Wrong place ...bad things going to happen...all these little coolie places like silver underground etc are not safe ...elevate your lifestyle go to safer places with people who are councious minded...fact = drunk ppl are ignorant...and these little holes you'll find endless amount of drunks...
Dec. 24, 2013, 2:25 pm
Real talk. from Richmond Hill says:
This is what happens when coolie people try to act like ——s.
Dec. 24, 2013, 4:11 pm
Dloc from S. Jamaica says:
My next drink of Hennesey and red bull will be the worst knowing I will never see my lil buddy with that ear to ear grin like a Cheshire cat... In the party... Dancing, cracking jokes. I looked forward to seeing him walk through the door at any venue I was at. I pray for the soul of my friend to reach God's open arms safely. To all reading this... live your lives with respect and humility. Respect your surroundings and conduct yourself civil and moral. He is the 1% that I've grown to love and respect as a brother.
Dec. 24, 2013, 5:25 pm
cuz sean from real trinidad says:
gerard was my baby cousin & his mother was my cousin, i watch him grew up from baby to a fine young man. he will be missed by his family & we lovc him so much. god has gain beautiful angle.
Dec. 24, 2013, 7:54 pm
auntie meera,cuz angle, cuz sean from real trinidad says:
gerard we will missed u & our heart go out to the parents r.i.p. & we will pray for you, your in better place.
Dec. 24, 2013, 8:14 pm
Joliedior from Queens says:
Just want to say Gerrard was a great person he had a great heart and very sweet person, I remember he used to tell me he was in love with me he wanted to me to be his gf but I just never gave it the time or day, I knew he was a bit trouble bc the clubs he used to go too it was too much going always some "gangsters" trying to look for trouble. But hey only god knows why it was time for him to go, I don't think is right for someone to just take someone life but there's a purpose for everything in this life of why things happen. My condolences goes to his family, girlfriend and his "so called real friends". Rest in peace Gerrard you will be miss. Also please all this negative comments are so hurtful is not going to bring him back to his family or his gf . Imagine god forbid it was one of your family member that die I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear negativity about that person.

Once again you will def be missed Gerrard
Dec. 25, 2013, 7:21 am
christmas gift from casino says:
You gone man..get a GED now that you have nothing else to do. You came in this world and left it worse than it use to be. Now that you are gone things will get better. You were a disgrace to society. Your attitude got you there..rest of you please learn. GED ...or your future will be the same meaningless. I was friend this guy and until I realized he was up to no good. I told thugs have two homes...jail or body bag.
Dec. 25, 2013, 10:52 am
Anonymous from Richmond Hill says:
I have been living in Richmond Hill practically all of my life. I grew up in this neighborhood. Surely things have changed throughout the years. The goals and mindsets of the young generation have shifted, however, to all the "West Indian" people who commented lashing out on a post about a deceased person, shame on you. The real low-lives are YOU people. As if your children are any better? Your daughters probably sneak out at night to go find a man somewhere & your sons sneak out at night looking for trouble. You don't know anything. You write posts here acting like your children are angelic and immaculate; like they are scholars from Ivy League school. What you negative coolie people need to do is simple, shut up. Keep your back home uneducated irrational thoughts to yourself. Tragedies like this happen every day in every corner of the world. If you went to school in AMERICA you'd know. You little petty fools. Go take care of your children and stop Embarassing yourselves with your ignorant comments
Dec. 25, 2013, 1:55 pm
AI from Bronx says:
Its so funny how a lot of people have negative stuff to say like neighbor from liberty ave, yet they honestly have no idea what happened and who started it. There's a lot of innocent people killed for no reason and who ever agrees with that person is just full of pure ignorance.. DONT ASSUME ANYTHING IF YOU WERE NOT THERE simple as that and if you dont have anything good to say DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL. I dont know him and all i can say is .. I hope he rip and i give my condolence to his family..
Dec. 25, 2013, 2:19 pm
Dravidian from Little guyana NY says:
Indo-Carribeans specifically Guyanese and Trinidadians are much like African -Americans are to the African community. Both communities come from slave backgrounds and have slave mentalities. No knowledge of self. These communities need to realize that both have glorious histories and both are originators of great civilizations. Africans with Nile Valley civilization and Indians with Indus Valley Civilization. Both were stripped of their identity during the slave periods by Europeans. If they were both to regain knowledge of self you would see a lot less violence in the community. Hoping one day we can all see the big picture. The only thing separating Africans from Indians is hair texture. Real talk
Dec. 25, 2013, 2:29 pm
Parent from Queens says:
Like the saying goes show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are .. Enough said !!!!!
Dec. 26, 2013, 8:09 pm
Child prodigy from Queens says:
Parent-- seems like his friends are young and ghetto
Dec. 26, 2013, 8:11 pm
Guyanese from Bronx says:
My condolences to the family. No one should ever have to meet this kind of fate so close to the New Year.
There is a serious problem with the club scene in Queens, it is becoming unsafe and out of control. If there are enough people to fill all of these places on the weekends, there are clearly enough people to change the negative stereotypes that have been attached to these places.
I am a Proud Guyanese and a proud West Indian and race/ethnicity has nothing to do with the nonsense happening in Queens. The problem is the set of behaviors that are deemed acceptable by the people partaking in club culture. The excessive amount of violence that has become Expected from people is absolutely ridiculous.
Losing a family member is tragic and the family has a right to mourn. But it is important that we look at the growing issues in the community and question/debate them. We NEED to find ways to decrease and stop this kind of violence to prevent it from happening again. We cannot do anything for this young man anymore, but increasing awareness and demanding change can possibly save someone from this fate in the future.
Dec. 26, 2013, 8:34 pm
chris from qnz says:
R I P to a real —— word, you already know what it is until we meet again love and miss you bro, really hurts me so bad to see this happening and i just seen you the other day smh... thinking of you brings so much happy memories like when my mom used to babysit you and you used to sneak me all the candy..and this is way back wish u was here to laugh with me...:(
Dec. 26, 2013, 11:47 pm
Cassandra from Long Island says:
Unfortunately, it really is true about West Indian always trying to look all big, and act "tough", especially at night at those clubs. They aren't what they used to be, now it's just a breeding ground for fights and people drinking alcohol as an excuse to act stupid. NO ONE deserves to die young, but this should be an example to all. Everything is fun & games until someone gets hurt. Everyone does sin differently, but it's not like he was an "innocent" bystander. He got into an altercation, and he just happened to pay fatal consequences. My heart breaks for his families & friends, but my sympathy goes only so far because he was involved in a fight that was probably over ——. Know your limits.
Dec. 27, 2013, 12:45 am
Alberto from Richmond Hill says:
Hanging out on a street corner with friends at 3:30am. Does anyone not realize he's a drug dealer. This is street justice. We need more of it. Some thug shooting another thug is so much cheaper than keeping them in a cage.
Dec. 27, 2013, 10 am
Alberto from Richmond Hill says:
Simple public records inquiries show this guy was arrested over 10 times at the age of 23. So if your one of these people that are saying "you don't know what really happened" either you're in denial or part of the problem.
Dec. 27, 2013, 10:08 am
Sandra from Richmond hill says:
I absolutely agree with Alberto
Dec. 27, 2013, 12:06 pm
unkle JONIE from pa says:
Listen children I grew up where u all is in Queens...theses club have always been shooting gallerys, you need to stay de hell out of the clubs and bars for you own good ... Think how the family of this boy is suffering...don't let it be your family too!!! RIP. Gerrard you will be missed>>>> love
Dec. 27, 2013, 4:29 pm
Concern Parent from Ozone Park says:
Its a sad thing to see a young person loose their life in such a senseless way. No parent should have to see their child in a coffin. The clubs in the neighborhood is the problem and the young people thinks that it is cool to be a part of it. As parents, we can do our best to encourage our children that prevention is always better than cure, but it is up to them to follow the right path. Clubs make so much money and destroy so many lives young and old. Those clubs need to be shut down for good, and IF NOT, they should have to pay for Police Services during their operating hours. The future of our youths depends on it.
Dec. 27, 2013, 4:49 pm
mischief from brooklyn says:
No matter where u live what race u will be there will always b stuff like this goin on so ppl talkin stupid about this neighborhood chill its all over this happening in my area is always shooting watch news more and then talk the only good n safe place is heaven where this kid is now rip kid
Dec. 27, 2013, 10:10 pm
john smith from farrockaway queens says:
son probably got what he deserved. he should have kept his mouth closed and took his ass home. everybody up here talking this and talking that. one of you ——s could be next if you dont watch your mouth at the club real talk....
Dec. 27, 2013, 10:18 pm
NYPD finest says:
At john Smith I think u need to watch what your saying ..U cant be that STUPID AS U SOUNDED .
Dec. 27, 2013, 11:26 pm
brooklyn girl .. from brooklyn ny says:
Neighbor form liberty ave, i totally agree .with u .....R.I.P .....
Dec. 28, 2013, 10:30 am
nat from queens says:
Am a mother of 3 boys !!! Stop the nasty comments if u have nothing good to say who r we to judge others he could have been ur son, bro ,cuz, bf etc ... As parents the only thing we can do is teach our kids good values n morals , we cannot make choices in life for them , no one had the right to kill him regardless of the situation !!! Rip
Dec. 28, 2013, 10:58 am
Jesus from Christ says:
I am coming for some of you
Dec. 28, 2013, 12:09 pm
loso from from bklyn says:
What ever happen to shootin the hands?? Im sure whoever shot him knew gerrard would've got in that ass so they had to pull the gun smhhh get ur ass whipped n go home no need to take someone's life
Dec. 28, 2013, 3:45 pm
Sunny from Ozone Park NY. says:
This is so sad for our kids, this really breaks my heart to hear what happen to this kid I am so upset we have to really do something about guns on the streets, I am a parent too and this scares me,now I have to rethink what and how to advise my kid this should be a wake up call to all of us, my condencles to the entire family may his soul RIP.
Dec. 28, 2013, 4:14 pm
melo from ozone park says:
Gangsta's usually end up in jail or dead. He chose this lifestyle now he paid the price. One less drug dealer off the streets.
Dec. 28, 2013, 4:28 pm
Amanda&Daniel from queens says:
It is truly disgusting and a shame to read the negative comments some of you people are posting up about someone who was just murdered. forget about what "time" us west Indian people like to go out, that's our business when the area that you live in stats become a dangerous environment that's when it raises concern. had to be a old coolie person talking like that. but don't forget that he had a family and friends, people that knew him. and he didn't deserve this. he was murdered and his own father wasnt allowed the last chance to see his only son. so any body who doesnt have no respect, condolences or any useful information to post up, I suggest u leave your negative comments no body cares to read. RIP Gerrard, your cousin D misses you..
Dec. 29, 2013, 5:32 pm
Anon from Long Island says:
There is no point in speaking ill of the deceased, instead pay your respects gracefully, so his soul can rest in peace. Remember never take anything or anyone for granted. Humble yourself and always keep The Lord close to your heart wherever you go, for evil lurks in every corner so always pray and ask for protection. Let's learn from this tragedy and support one another by trying to prevent this from happening again not go against another. RIP GDE...
Dec. 30, 2013, 12:59 am
jema from richmond hill queens says:
R.I.P GERRARD you be missed dearly i had know you for quite awhile things happen wherever you go nowadays you were a gd guys have kids off my own an its hurts too see someone so young loss there life like dat.its so sad..
Dec. 30, 2013, 8:49 am
cousin from queens says:
R.i.p big cuz I would miss u so much ur gone but never forgotten ur family loves u mom dad lil cousins big cousins we love u GERRARD ♥♥♡♡
Dec. 30, 2013, 12:07 pm
rip gerrard love you! from queens says:
Rest in peace gerrard! Youll be miss so much from everyone. You always had a smile on your face no matter what. And you always had everyones back we know youll be watching down on us. See you soon :/
Dec. 31, 2013, 11:31 am
TheTruthHurts from Jam. Queens says:
You got Indians trying to be from guyana guyana trying to be black. Africans coming to the hood trying to be hard core. My NYC —— not playing. Stay home. Move to IDK
Jan. 1, 12:41 am
Alissa Edwards says:
My baby. You didn't deserve this. No one deserves this. I miss you more than words can explain. —— everyone talking ——. Because God knows, if it were their people, they wouldn't be here talking all that ——ing nonsense. You are a great guy and I love you more than anything in this world. May your beautiful soul rest in peace. Until we meet again for eternity❤️
Jan. 5, 12:09 am
Random queens girl says:
Every one say he's a angel from every pic and videos I seem so far he seem to be a great kid but why would someone want to take his life and there have to be a reason there's no need to hide whatever the truth maybe cause no one is perfect rip kid
Jan. 5, 1:41 pm
Dravidian from Little Guyana says:
To the Truth Hurts. Indians ain't trying to be black... They are black.. Study human genetics you jackass! India has the largest black population in the world not Africa. Take a trip to South India and you"ll see the blackest human beings on earth.
Jan. 5, 11:47 pm
melo from ozone park says:
Word on the street is he was not a perfect angel like everyone claims he is...search records shows that he was arrested several times
Jan. 6, 7:51 am
Spookz from Queenz says:
Rip I went to skool with him it sad to hear all this but little do they know across the street were he lost his life is a 7-11 that always has cops in and out they run red lights to get to this place but when this was going down we're we're they ?????????? Rip peanut rip creep
Jan. 8, 2:50 am
ozzy ozz from rmh says:
My regards goes out to the family , this is a very hard situation to go thru . I did not know him personally but all my brothers in the hill we know each other. For all the people that dont know this youg man stfu and stop writing bull —— . Nobody cares what negative things you have to say .
Rip
My brother
Jan. 12, 5:55 am
Nicki says:
I agree with liberty neighbor 100%... You West Indians people are a bunch of no go Indians. Half of you cause things like this on yourself, always trying to blame others when you're the one starting it.
Jan. 15, 1:25 am
west Indian protector from liberty says:
I disagree with nicki your so stupid and racists. Go on a different page. Retarded coment .

Rip
Jan. 16, 9:12 pm
Carlos from Jamaica says:
Ozzy did you go to the hill

Rip
Jan. 16, 9:14 pm
j from ny says:
GO too silverlouge you all get the evidence in the camera den have it with the shooting ..r.i.p gerard
Jan. 25, 10:50 am
trini shottah says:
I honestly still can't believe you gone bro. U went to soon bro. We use to chill back in the days and do some wild ——. I got a phone call saying you passed. Couldnt believe it until i went to liberty and saw all the candles and flowers. Up to this day I still say to myself damn bro. U were a good friend bro. May you rest in paradise. All yall people talking about west Indian people SHUT THE —— UP!! We shouldn't be here arguing about each other. Nuff said!! R.I.P again bro
Jan. 28, 9:08 am
c 1380 from south RH says:
I lived down the block from that spot for 22 yrs. I remember when that place was a pizzeria (better times). Ever since that lounge came to the hood it was bad news. I hate what my hood has become. That place from levels to Gemini lounge/bar all need to be shut down. They don't serve us any good.
Jan. 30, 8:34 am
Ziggy from Flatbush says:
R they goin to release the video footage and what happened pon Di video and what's going on wit Di investigation mi nuh see nutin ah gwan fuh wi Caribean race tuh bloodclatt
Feb. 15, 8:20 am
anthony gambino from ozone park says:
You wanna be a tough guy and be hard get what comes to you lmao liberty ave the hood yea right
Feb. 20, 11:21 pm
Ryan from ASTORIA queens says:
thank god i left the ——ty area.The majority of the people that live down there are so uncivilized and narrowmind and they can seem to think above the influence.
Feb. 25, 3:02 pm
Cupcake23 from Queens is no longer the same . says:
Gerrard ,... I miss you so much cupcake omfg I cant grasp the fact that your not walking on this earth right now , my heart aches not a day goes by i dont have you in mind thinking of all the times we spend together everything we ever talked about it hurts it shouldnt have been you but god i guess really needed you , but still up until this day I still cant understand you not being here , regardless all your sins you were an angel & gold at heart , we went threw hell & back but still nothing about queens feel the same anymore , Im sorry it was you bigbear , im sorry all these ignorant people are alive talking ill & disrespectful about someone who's life was stolen robbed taken with absolutely no permission , He's already gone please just let him rest in peace he deserves to !! & dont worry chunky all these people talking out their ass has their time coming to , death skips no one even if you live like a saint !! You will forever be in my heart , hope you taking care of that liddle angel with you up there , your both gone but never forgotten until we meet again , your always a standing soldier in my eyes even with all our ups & downs love you Gerrard Dominic Edwards may your beautiful soul rest in peace , I know you sitting next to god sippin talking shyt like always muwahh 1**0*
March 16, 4:22 am
x3 from queens says:
I miss youu so much , wish you could just come back gee how can you be the person this horrible —— happened too !?!
March 20, 10:41 pm
rest in peace from cupcake says:
I miss you g , I miss knowing your walking around living life , dammm times flying bye but its still so weird & everything feels so different , Im so confused like I'm missing pieces to a puzzle , ugh time doesn't heal it Just mutes the pain within ....I'm Sorrwieeee G come back please gerrard please ?
March 25, 7:11 pm
rest in peace cupcake from ... says:
Come g please i can't beg no more just come back please its like heaven stole our angel :'(
March 25, 7:21 pm
E from Queens ny says:
I miss you Gerrard... R.I.P
April 6, 2:06 pm
Dee from live in Richmond Va. says:
I DIDNT KNOW HIM AND DONT KNOW HIM BUT U DONT HAVE TO KNOW ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FEEL THE PAIN OF THAT PERSON AS WELL AS OTHERS. VERY HURTFUL AND HEARTFELT OF SO YOUNG OF ANYONE LOOSING LIFE OF IGNORANCE IN PEOPLE IN THE WORLD TODAY ALL OVER THE NATION. WISH THE VIOLENCE WOULD STOP.BUT ITS NOT CAUSE ITS BEEN GOING ON FOR DECADES. AC to DC. I KNOW I LOST MY TO A GUN SHOT SHE WAS ONLY 17 AND WAS MY ALL AND ALL. R. I.P YOUNG MAN. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILY.( AKEEYA17@GMAIL.COM) LET ME KNOW SOME GOT THIS LET THE FAMILY OF THAT YOUNG MAN LIFE LOST BUT NOT GONE. READ THIS THANK U.
April 24, 11:26 am
muwah from g says:
I promise im going to visit soon cupcake , I've missed you literally everyday & months are flying bye my heart still hurts alot alot
June 7, 4:26 pm
muwah from g says:
Life literally isnt the without u
June 7, 4:29 pm
muwah from g says:
Same*
June 7, 4:29 pm
xoxo from . says:
everything still feels like just yesterday …. it hurts & it always will … :'(
Yesterday, 1:42 am
xoxo from . says:
its like my heart don't let my mind believe its you thats gone ,… like how can you be gone out off the billion people on this earth you GERRARD YOU!!!
Yesterday, 1:44 am